All sportive activities and festivities on the Charente in Jarnac
Click on this link: Program Jarnac
Special sportive weekend arrangement at Au Bellefleur for 190€ for 2 persons includes:
– 2 Nights (Friday 10th and Saturday 11th) in one of our luxury en-suite guest rooms.
– 2 Times a copious breakfast.
– We pay the tourist tax for you.
– On Friday 10th May from 7:30PM – 9:30PM apéro dinatoire. You are guaranteed not to go to bed hungry.
Reservation for this offer is possible until the 5th May 2019, based on availability and not in combination with other offers. Only when you book directly. Deposit and payment will be discussed with you when you book.
In The Netherlands you have the well-known band ‘de 3 J’s’, well we have the 3 ‘S’-es.
Sleeping: Yes our cosy B&B is open to everybody who loves the French country life and appreciate the interaction with us and other international guests.
Shopping: In our house we have a display with all kind of crafty and wooden articles from signs to lamps, from bottle holders to tea-lights and also some bracelets, Pandora style with charms, but for a friendly price.
Sigogne: That’s our village with facilities at walking distance, active committees and vineyards and sunflower fields of course.
A few years ago I have made a video of Au Bellefleur, so it was time to make a new version.
What do you think about it ? Click on the link and you will see for your self.
Angoulême, the capital of the Charente can be reached from Au Bellefleur within 30 minutes, for more culture and shops.
For the 46th time the International Cartoon Festival or in good French ‘la Bande Dessinée d’Angoulême‘ will take place from Thursday 24th to Sunday 27th January.
This is the biggest comics festival in Europe.
During the four days of the festival, new creations of the leading comics’ artists are shown and compete on the prestigious prices. Workshops, master’s classes, meetings and professional discussions are held. The festival’s events and the various exhibitions attract, each year, thousands of amateurs as well as professions.
Hurry up, we only have some guest rooms available. Of course all our spacious rooms have their own en-suite bathrooms, toiletries and complimentary tea and coffee facilities. The room you see in the pictures is called Porte-Bonheur (bringer of good-luck) with its en-suite bathroom with bath and free standing shower and a separate toilet. This could be yours.
To book: B&B/CHD Au Bellefleur
Traditiegetrouw worden er op Oudjaar en ook op Nieuwjaarsdag smaken ze nog prima, even in de oven opwarmen, om ze nog lekkerder te maken oliebollen en appelbeignets gekocht of zelf gebakken.
Van Keukenliefde leende ik het recept. Als u -zoals ik- 50 oliebollen wat veel vindt, dan halveert u deze.
Gemakshalve de link van de beide recepten, maar de foto’s zijn van mijzelf.
Veel bak plezier…..oh en geen dure oliebollenmix nodig hoor!
Een mooie jaarwisseling toegewenst….aan uw baksels zal het niet liggen.
From 4 to 11 August next year 12.000 cyclists of the international federation ‘FF Vélo’ will be touring in the Charente and since we are in the middle of the circuit we have been asked if Au Bellefleur has accommodation available for this period. At the moment we have 3 luxury en-suite spacious bedrooms available for this period and if you book directly and mention ‘FF Vélo’ we will give you on top of the discount a present from our area. Although still 11 months to go, don’t wait too long with your booking….first come….first serve….and full is full.
Languages fluent: Français, English, Nederlands and Deutsch.
And un poco d’Español.
September is one of the best months to visit the Charente. The sun is still strong enough so you can still walk in shorts and tops and important for lot’s of people the children are back to school! There are more different activities in this month around the corner than in other months.
My top 4 :
1. A day at the races in Jarnac, starting this afternoon and on the next 2 Sundays as well. The atmosphere is great and the gambling too, even if you don’t win, it’s a nice afternoon out.
2. A nocturnal walk through the vineyards where there are stands where you can drink, eat and dance. Better known as the ‘March de Mareuil’. Every year there is a different theme and this year it was ‘Continents’. Last night there were about 2000 persons. The ladies we have in our B&B were very enthusiastic and they have done this walk for several years already. For only 14€ you will get food and drinks.
3. The 3 days foire/expo in Barbezieux. During the day and evening you can find stands with specialities of the region, but also with agricultural machines, etc. Every night there is an open air concert with a different singer/band. On Friday evening you normally have somebody who used to be populair in the 70’s. Last year there was Michel Fugain (for the 2nd time), this year Sheila (without the Black Devotion) and in the weekend more young performers. The tickets including the concert (mostly about 90 minutes) costs only 6€ !
4. And the best one is of course in our own village. Here is the program for the coming week. We still have some availability in Au Bellefleur, so don’t miss out these nice events.